BMMI’s extensive experience as a wholesaler and distributor of food and other consumables can be traced back to its early days when the Company was known as Gray Mackenzie (see Group History).
Today, BMMI is one of the top four wholesalers and distributors in Bahrain, with an estimated 20 per cent share of the market. The Group has established a reputation for ethical trading, professionalism and customer service. It is also highly respected for its approach to merchandising, especially in the areas of stock rotation and expiry dates.
The Group’s strategy is to build and maintain a brand portfolio that focuses on quality rather quantity. Strict selection criteria include brand innovation, and the ability to fill a clearly identified gap in the market.
BMMI represents a number of leading international agencies and household name brands in Bahrain, including MARS, Red Bull, Storck, Colgate-Palmolive, Henkel, Yardley, and Japan Tobacco.
Regular recognition and awards received by BMMI from its principals, include:
• Outstanding Achievement Award for Best Distributor in the Middle East
• Fastest Growing Market in the GCC Award
• World record for market share of chocolate confectionery sector
• Highest per capita consumption in MENA region
• Contribution to promoting healthy eating and nutrition