Note: please make sure to mention the following reference when you apply for this position (IT/0621/01) by the deadline of June 12, 2021
Under the supervision of the Senior Database Administrator and Application Specialist, you will be responsible for maintaining, administering, and managing the performance, environment, integrity, and security of the enterprise databases.
In this role, you will also be responsible for troubleshooting, planning, and development of future database requirements in alignment with business goals and objectives. Your responsibilities will also include proactive housekeeping / archiving and shrinking of databases, as well as maintaining and controlling the access of permissions and privileges while ensuring the integrity of data.
As the Database Administrator, you will also be administering the Unix environment, and ensuring business continuity through maintaining the integrity and performance of company databases.
- The job holder must hold a bachelor’s degree in computer technology or a relevant field, with certification in Oracle and ITIL considered an advantage.
- The job holder must have full fluency in English reading, writing, and speaking, with Arabic skills considered an added advantage.
Years of experience and other skills:
- A minimum of two to five years’ experience in maintaining different databases and Unix administration
- Knowledge in server clustering, mirroring, log shipping, and failover cluster
- Familiarity with the main data manipulation languages and the principles of database design
- Strong command of SQL and Oracle server tools, as well as knowledge of data recovery and business continuity processes
- PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills
- Database analysis and tuning, design and build, backup and restore and capacity management skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
The place of work is in BMMI Bahrain.
To apply for this position, please use the form below and mention the reference (IT/0621/01) at the beginning of your email. Application deadline is June 12, 2021.