Assistant Finance Manager, BMMI Djibouti
Note: please make sure to mention the following reference when you apply for this position (GSS-EXT/0821/02) by the deadline of 9th of September 2021
Reporting to the Regional Finance Manager, you will be responsible for providing a comprehensive range of financial, administration, tax services, and support solutions to BMMI Djibouti’s Free Zone operations.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the company’s financial policies are implemented effectively, and activities are appropriately controlled to enhance performance and profitability. Additionally, you will assist in the management and preparation of financial reports and forecasts, including budgets, income statements, balance sheets, tax returns, regulatory agencies report and financial management reports to ensure compliance with financial and legal requirements, responsibilities, and obligations.
Furthermore, you will assist in the management of all accounting procedures and systems used by BMMI Djibouti, as well as assessing long-term financial trends and review prospects for future growth of income and new sales areas. In this role, you will also be responsible for revenue maximisations, expenses, and working capital control. Additionally, you will be in charge of inventory management, compliance, and audit assurance.
- A Bachelors’ Degree in Commerce and/or Accounting is required
- An advanced professional qualification in accounting, such as CA/CPA/CIMA/ACCA/MBA, is essential
- The job holder must have full fluency in English reading, writing, and speaking, with Arabic and French skills considered an added advantage.
Years of Experience and Other Skills:
- A minimum of six years’ work experience in an accounting / finance function of a multinational or medium sized service company, with at least three years’ experience in a supervisory or management role, is required
- Experience working in a logistics company, ideally in Africa and particularly the Horn of Africa region
- Experience with major projects work in finance, including systems, procedures, and processes, as well as exposure to income taxes and customs duty procedures
- Knowledge of tax laws, IFRS financial reporting guidelines, and ideally, OHADA, as well as accounting and finance divisional policies, procedures, and objectives
- Knowledge of the regional and international trade and commodities markets for the Africa and Middle East regions
- Ability to prepare meaningful and accurate reports, and the appropriate and accurate consolidation of financial information
- Highly developed analytical skills and the ability to conduct thorough investigations
- PC proficiency in Microsoft Office and related internal financial systems, such as Oracle and Vision
The place of work is in BMMI Djibouti.
To apply for this position, please use the form below and mention the reference (GSS-EXT/0821/02) at the beginning of your email.