Database Administrator, IT
Note: please make sure to mention the following reference when you apply for this position (IT\0522\05) by the deadline of 12th of June 2022
Reporting to the System Development Manager, the Database Administrator is responsible for the Server Database environment. You will also be accountable for the creation of databases, performance tuning, cloning, copying, high availability, and data refreshes. Additionally, you will plan computerised databases, including base definition, structure, documentation, operational guidelines, and protection. You will also be tasked with establishing and maintaining security and integrity controls, executing database policies and standards pertaining to database management, and managing the backup system Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN).
- Bachelor’s degree in computer technology (or a relevant field)
- Oracle DBA Certified (or relevant professional qualification)
- ITIL Certified (or relevant professional qualification)
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required (Arabic skills are an advantage)
Years of Experience and Other Skills:
- At least eight years’ experience in maintaining different databases and Unix administration
- Innovative thinking in database management and enhancements
- Data Recovery and business continuity processes
- Database analysis and tuning, design and build, backup and restore capacity management
- Managing and performance tuning different database technologies
- Designing and implementing secure and reliable database architectures including failover clustering and high availability
- Experienced with data manipulation languages and principles
- Database backup/recovery models; including automated and manual backup processes to meet the business RPO (Recovery Point Objective) and RTO (Real-Time Objective) requirements
- Database concepts, object and data modeling, and design principles
- Powershell and Unix shell scripting experience
The place of work is in BMMI Bahrain.
To apply for this position, please use the form below and mention the reference ((IT\0522\05) at the beginning of your email.